Storytelling: Build Trust as a Leader by Klaviyo Sr PM
As a Product Manager, you’re responsible for delivering products and features that both delight customers and move the company closer to its top-line metrics. However, how do you know whether the individual features you ship each sprint or each quarter are successful? Learn about the most important advice here:
- Storytelling should be proactive. Staying ahead of the curve is a necessity as a PM, but proactive stakeholder management can often feel like time-consuming overhead. By crafting a strong story that you share early and reinforce often, however, you can eliminate the need for more heavy handed stakeholder management tactics.
- Storytelling should be planned. Making decisions with incomplete information and coming up with compelling ideas on the spot is familiar territory for a PM. To own the end-to-end narrative about your product and how you work, however, you need to plan ahead and develop consistent themes that help you tell this story.
- Storytelling should be personal. A good story is simple, relatable, and — perhaps most importantly — tailored to its target audience. Spend time learning who key stakeholders at your organization are, what each stakeholder group wants to hear, and how they want to hear it.
Meet the Speaker: Alexandra Edelstein
Alexandra is an economic development, entrepreneurship, and technology enthusiast with a background in Law. She is obsessed with finding elegant technical solutions to complex customer problems. Currently, she is leading product for the Marketing Automation team at Klaviyo.
Get the FREE Product Book here
- Tickets sales at the door are from 6:00 - 6:30 PM (if any are still available)
- Event entrance and/or seating is based on a first come first served basis.
- Please arrive promptly. Doors lock at 7pm to avoid speaker disruptions.
- No refunds unless we have fully canceled the event. Date changes are not included.
- For additional info or questions, send an email to [email protected]
Product School is the first technology business school. We provide certified courses in Product Management and other digital skills to professionals across 16 campuses worldwide. We also offer the same courses live online. All courses are taught by real-world product managers working at top technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Slack, Airbnb, LinkedIn, and Netflix.