Ellevation is seeking a full-time Instructional Content Specialist to advance the development of Ellevation’s solution for Dual Language programs nationwide. We are looking for an experienced dual language educator to play an influential role in creating resources that enable dual language teachers to best instruct their learners. You will join our Education Solutions team, responsible for Ellevation Strategies - our instructional strategies platform, and collaborate with external advisors and district partners. Simply put, you will author and curate new content, and help develop solutions, to ensure dual language educators maximize the use of Ellevation and effectively meet the content and language needs of their students.
In this role, you will:
- Research dual language educator needs, develop a deep understanding of Ellevation users, and work with our content team and other internal stakeholders to craft content that helps educators build the capacity to utilize dual language practices.
- Conceptualize, author, and manage the development of engaging educator-facing content in English and Spanish, reflecting best practice in dual language programming that supports teachers in their work with dual language learners.
- Develop a deep expertise on state Spanish content standards and English and Spanish language proficiency standards necessary to drive effective dual language instruction.
- Lead efforts to make the connection, in the product and in sales, marketing, training and implementation offerings, between best-in-class strategies for dual language learning and biliteracy and effective instructional content for teachers.
- Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish (Native Spanish speakers are encouraged to apply)
- Strong writing skills in English and Spanish
- 5+ years of recent K-12 bilingual educational programming experience (3+ years of K-12 dual language (one- or two-way) program experience preferred)
- Demonstrated success in helping grow dual language programs, with a focus on teacher effectiveness, biculturalism, and student achievement in multiple languages
- Understanding of state content and language standards
- Experience with teacher professional development and change management
- Agile/iterative mindset; comfort with throwing away work or making changes
- Boston in-office (preferred)
- We are open to applicants working remotely, with monthly travel to Boston during the first 3-4 months.
- Travel: 10%
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 700 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.