ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.6M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we’re on a path to $1B in 2019 and $2B in 2020, and we’ll get there – even more surely if you come help us.
ezCater menus are the beating heart of our marketplace. At the intersection of both sides of our platform, ezCater menus simultaneously guide our customers to place the perfect order and help our partners grow their catering businesses. Whether customers are looking for BBQ sandwiches for their team building seminar, vegan Korean noodles for their department outing, or a festive holiday meal for their office party, our carefully curated menus provide both the attention to detail and the streamlined experience that lead customers to say, time and time again, that we really do make their lives easier.
You are likely thinking… “what’s a Menu Specialist?” Great question, as this position is pretty unique. Simply put, Menu Specialists are responsible for transcribing & updating all of the great menus on our site. After our sales team signs up a new catering partner, it’s the job of our menu team to help curate each partner’s online presence through consultations, menu transcriptions, and content management.
And who are we? We are a team of tech-obsessed foodies who move fast & also know how to beautifully define kimchi & tahini on the fly. We’re driven & dedicated to bringing ezCater menus to the next level of excellence (and also love a good debate about the spiciest hot sauce while we’re doing it).
As a Menu Specialist, you will:
- Consult: We help our catering partners build, update, and optimize their catering menus via phone and email.
- Update: Our 60K+ partners need our assistance keeping their menus current: updating their pricing, offerings, and seasonal specials. Updating menus is the bulk of what we do.
- Review: The content we curate needs a second set of eyes to make it shine. Once you ramp on the basics, you’ll have the opportunity to make sure our quality keeps us ahead of the pack.
- Collaborate: We create our own style standards and team input is our bread & butter.
- Transcribe: We’re on track to add thousands of new catering partners in 2019, and they will all need their menus entered onto the platform. Menu specialists will be at the forefront of that charge.
We’ll provide you with 2 weeks of in-depth training on how to use our tools and how to transcribe menus the ezCater way. But to succeed as a menu specialist, you need to be:
- Devoted to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business.
- A big-picture thinker: Our team innovates as a group, and we’ll expect you to meet us two steps ahead.
- Hungry for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again.
- A circus-level juggler: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks and are comfortable prioritizing them.
- Tech-knowledgeable: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset.
- Have 6+ months in an office environment under your belt (or equivalent -- recent college grads with internship experience, we’re lookin’ at you!)
- Industry-savvy: Ideally, you’ve held a position in the food world.
- Driven towards excellence: We’ll expect you to consistently meet or exceed expectations on delegated performance objectives.
Please include a cover letter, but throw everything that is ‘best practice’ about writing cover letters out the window, and please write as explicitly as possible what resonates with you about this job.
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get:
Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.