...write. You write often. Deliriously. You obsess over nuances of word choice (even when your art director thinks it doesn’t matter). You turn phrases over, around, upon themselves, until they sing. You look for and see stories where no one else would. Because you know that narrative is the most powerful force on earth. And you know how to use it.
...are a team of bold copywriters, designers, strategists, engineers, UX researchers, data junkies and product visionaries based in downtown Boston. Over the past ten years, we’ve quietly transformed home security from an outdated and unfriendly industry to something elegant, thoughtful, and beautifully designed. We’ve taken on the industry behemoths, we’re winning, and we want you to join us on our march to victory.
What will you do?
SimpliSafe is growing incredibly fast and we need a world-class wordsmith to lead the charge when it comes to the written word. That’s where you come in. Every day here is a little different—we’re fast-paced and fast-moving—but your main responsibilities include:
- Think strategically and create new campaigns
- Evolve and expand our brand voice and personality
- Write and edit copy for TV spots, web pages, product descriptions and names, direct mail pieces, outdoor, print, retail packaging, apps, emails
- Mentor and edit junior copywriters
- Collaborate with graphic designers
- Be a fount of ideas and zero-ego collaborator
- Make an impact. Copy touches every aspect of our business and is at the heart of our success.
What skills do you have?
- 3+ years of copywriting experience at a brand, agency or publication
- Strong copy-editing abilities; excellent written communication skills
- You’re zero-ego, collaborative, kind, hard-working.
- You’re able to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment
Do the thing you’re best at: get our attention and persuade us.