Taymax Group Acquisition, LLC (“Taymax”) is a multi-unit franchisee of Planet Fitness, which is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness clubs in North America. Taymax owns and operates over 60 clubs in California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Ontario, Canada, and has plans to double its club count over the next 5 years. Taymax is one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisees in the Planet Fitness system, consistently experiencing double digit growth per year. Taymax is backed by Trilantic North America, a New York-based private equity firm managing $9.4 billion of aggregate capital commitments. Taymax has been the recipient of several prestigious awards from the franchisor including Developer of the Year in 2016 and 2018, and Franchisee of the Year in 2018. Taymax’s corporate office is located in Salem, New Hampshire.
About the Role
The Business Analyst will have the opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing and leading the business and analytical insight capabilities of a high-growth, private equity-backed company. The hands-on analytics role will include significant senior management team exposure as the individual will work closely with the CEO, CFO, COO, Director of Corporate Development, Director of IT and private equity firm to use data to drive strategic decision-making across the organization. Further, the individual will have the opportunity to experience and gain insight into all facets of a rapidly scaling organization. The role is located in Taymax's corporate headquarters in Salem, New Hampshire.
- Create and effectively communicate data-driven findings to Taymax executives, its stakeholders, and key individuals at the franchisor
- Collaborate with business leaders across various functions (finance, operations, marketing, among others) to develop analytical insights and solve complex problems
- Generate innovative ideas and drive strategic decision-making, utilizing data from internal systems (ABC Financial, Workday, Adaptive Insights, Coupa, Tableau and NetSuite)
- Design data visualizations, such as dashboards and summary reports, to be used across the entire organization – from the clubs to the executive team
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to improve customer satisfaction, club operations and overall business and financial performance
- Assist in the implementation, testing and integration of new business systems as the company evolves and scales
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field and 2+ years of experience in an analytical role at a high-growth organization. Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Economics, coupled with highly quantitative coursework and/or work experience, will also be considered.
- A deep passion and curiosity for exploring problems, building hypotheses and working both independently and in a team to find a solution
- Proven capability to collect complex data and synthesize the information into presentable, easily digestible formats
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills that can be tailored to both executives and technical team members
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Workday, Adaptive Insights, Coupa, Tableau, NetSuite and/or ABC Financial is a plus
- Working knowledge of Python and/or R is a plus
Taymax is committed to providing equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, ethnicity, religion, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, marital status, genetic information or any other protected status under applicable local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws.