Business Process Analyst
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
In this role you will focus on our G&A business line to build business improvement projects that support the success of Toast's core operations. As a member of the Operational Excellence team you will partner with departments within G&A to identify process improvement opportunities through analysis and reporting; translating findings into recommendations and process improvement projects that reduce cost, improve efficiency, quality and drive sustainable customer value. You will drive operational excellence by championing a culture of continuous improvement.
As a Business Process Analyst you will:
- Interview business and tech stakeholders in order to translate current processes into diagrams and documents
- Review and map core operations of G&A function, identifying inefficiencies, waste, manual effort, and opportunities for scalable improvement
- Workflow analysis, data analysis, requirements analysis and creation of documentation to support process improvement/automation implementation efforts
- Research best in class business process and formulate desired future state/design for new / improved business processes
- Examine processes holistically to understand the impact of changing them on people, strategy, systems and general business operations.
- Analyze process models as they are, comparing them to desired future state and develop a strategy plan to implement the needed changes.
- Analyze and monitor data and key performance indicators related to time, cost, and quality to surface potential operational improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for optimizing business processes and workflows
- Will create process map diagrams
- Collate feedback on process performance to evaluate and recommend future process improvements
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes to ensure consistent value delivery.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 2 – 3 years of relevant work experience in project management and/or process improvement
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle Business Process management (BPM)
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma transformation philosophies, principles, tools, and techniques
- Experience in using data and analytics to identify opportunities for process automation improvements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with SQL and Salesforce dashboard & reports preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Technically Innovative with strong business acumen; can deliver communication to non-technical stakeholder
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company