Data Analyst, Search
ezCater is the #1 online - and the only nationwide - marketplace for business catering in the United States – a $23.9 billion market. Our 3M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management. We’re on a path to $1B in 2019, and we’ll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
We are seeking an exceptional, data-driven individual to join our Data Science & Analytics team to focus on search acquisition analytics (paid and organic). You will contribute tremendous value to our business by providing advanced analytical support for our SEM (Search Engine Marketing) program that powers our global customer acquisition. You’ll uncover insights that inform future digital marketing spend and strategy for both paid and organic search. Using data science techniques that include predictive modeling and machine learning, you’ll test, evaluate, and recommend strategies related to automated bidding, landing pages, promotional strategies, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analysis and reporting on all SEM campaigns under the guidance of our SEM program managers.
- Develop analytical models to maximize revenue growth from search.
- Predict ROI of SEM spend.
- Evaluate results of A/B tests.
- Prototype new bidding methods.
- Explore and analyze different attribution models.
Ideally you have:
- 2 – 3 years of data science experience.
- A results-oriented attitude which thrives on data and measurement.
- Proficiency in data manipulation, cleansing and interpretation.
- Close familiarity with SQL.
- Strong problem solving skills with a pragmatic approach to addressing challenges.
- Ability to work well with many types of people across global offices.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency with a statistical programming environment (e.g. R, Python).
- Experience with online auctions, A/B testing, digital advertising, or marketing analytics is a plus.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.