Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a quick interview here.
We’re looking for an exceptional data analyst to drive better decision making across edX and for our partners. This person must be able to start within a few weeks.
This is an opportunity to drive tremendous business value as we build a world-class data science and analytics team. Help us solve a wide range of important problems, influence decisions across the organization, enable cross functional teams, and most importantly have a major impact on our mission of providing high quality education to everyone, everywhere.
- Provide data and analysis to support decisions across all departments and for end customers.
- Identify, implement, and drive adoption of analytics-based solutions to business problems.
- Influence decisions at all levels of the organization, including presenting findings to senior leadership.
- Develop, document, automate, and monitor metrics and reports. Design data models and write ETL scripts. Ensure accuracy and alignment with desired business objectives.
- Innovate new ways analysis of data can be used to support the organization and its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience analyzing large, real world data.
- Ability to acquire and manipulate data programmatically (SQL, scripting).
- Demonstrably strong business orientation and propensity toward action.
- Ability to draw robust conclusions from data, and attention to detail.
- Scrappiness, big picture thinking, and interest in solving fuzzy business problems.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player attitude.
- The desire to have fun while doing all of the above.
Nice to have
- Graduate degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Programming skills as applied to working with data large data sets (e.g. R, Python).
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI).
Applicants must be able to work full time out of our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available. This is not an internship opportunity.