Drift is the new way businesses buy from businesses. With its quickly evolving set of tools and playbooks, Drift is the world’s leading conversational marketing platform, trusted by top enterprise businesses like Ellie Mae, Marketo, Okta, Outreach, Vidyard, and over 150,000 other businesses. Sales and marketing teams rely on Drift to connect now with the customers who are ready to buy now. Based in Boston, Drift was founded by serial marketing technology entrepreneurs David Cancel and Elias Torres and is backed by leading venture capitalists including CRV, General Catalyst, and Sequoia.
About the team:
At Drift we are customer centric to our core. Fun fact, our logo is a group of people surrounding a customer. We believe in doing things that don’t scale and strive to provide an experience that is unparalleled in B2B SaaS each and every day.
We are looking for a strong data analyst to come join Drift and help us drive analytic insights and best practices from the ground up. Success in this role comes from marrying a strong data background with acute product and business acumen to deliver highly strategic and compelling insights that accelerate our business growth and influence our product decisions within Drift.
If you are passionate to work on unstructured business problems that can be solved using data, we would like to talk to you.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- You’ll be responsible for collecting, maintaining and analyzing data that can be translated into insights to guide our business strategy as well as inform product development efforts.
- Understand data landscape i.e tooling, tech stack, source systems etc. and work closely with the data Engineering team to improve the data collection and quality.
- Ability to define and spot macro and micro levels trends with statistical significance on a regular basis and understand key drivers driving those trends
- Develop dashboards to inform business decisions with an emphasis on automation and scalability
- Communication skills and empathy to understand and discover business pain points and build solutions to improve the user experience
- Find actionable strategic insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, regression models and more
- Constantly look for improvements in tools, data sources, data quality, and analytic techniques
In one month you'll
- Attend onboarding sessions and learn the culture of shipping frequently.
- Understand the business model and how Drift brings value to our customers
- Meet with your immediate teams and the key stakeholders you support and build relationships
- Understand our KPIs and bring your experience and learnings to make improvements
- You have a basic understanding of the data sources and our reporting platform
By month 3 you'll
- You have command over existing data sources. You have become an expert in one of the data domains (Sales, Support, Product, Revenue, Others)
- You have started delivering dashboards and data to your stakeholders
- Have taken an inventory of data quality problems and have a point of view on how to improve them
- If you haven’t worked with Looker before, we expect you to have taken some of the canned training and become proficient in Looker platform
- You are taking new request through our intake process and delivering on the requests along with proper documentation
- You have a good understanding of our Airflow and Glue pipelines.
- You know how to maximize the value of our snowflake data warehouse
By month 6 you'll
- You are an expert in multiple data domains at Drift
- You are an expert in Looker data modeling and visualization
- You are training Drifters in finding insights from the data
- You are looking in to the predictive aspect of the data
- Own the data quality of at least two domains
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 2-4 year(s) of experience in a Data Analytics/Data Science or similar role using SQL and/or Python
- Experience building dashboards - you know the trade-offs and impacts of using one metric versus another
- SQL fluency with experience using a scripting language like Python, R or Scala
- Good understanding of data warehousing and data lake architecture
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker or similar visualization tools
- Have previously worked with an MPP data warehouse like Redshift or Snowflake
- Experience with AWS would be a plus
Things you love doing:
- Tweaking pipelines in Airflow
- Writing SQL queries and discovering relationships in data
- Performance tuning of queries in Snowflake
- Model data and Building dashboards in Looker
- Hypothesis building and testing
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.