Data & Analytics Manager
Catalant’s technology platform and programs enable companies to get mission critical work done faster. Forward-looking executives partner with Catalant to transition to an agile operating model and access the skills and expertise they need to rapidly innovate and stay ahead of disruption.
More than 30 percent of the Fortune 100 use Catalant’s best practices and platform to frictionlessly access and deploy talent, ranging from employees to over 50,000 independent consultants and 1,000 boutique firms in Catalant’s Expert Marketplace. Anonymized data from leading companies train Catalant’s AI-powered skills matching and recommendation engine, inform its best practices, and surface intelligent insights that get smarter over time.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Highland Capital, and Greylock Partners. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to redefine the way work gets done!
Catalant is looking for our first Data & Analytics Manager, to own Catalant’s data foundation and lead analytics to foster data-driven decision making across the organization. The ideal candidate is an innovative and impact-oriented builder with a strong technical and statistical skill set, exceptional leadership and communication skills, and a passion for helping companies get mission critical work done faster. The mission of this role will be to create an integrated data & analytics capability spanning product and go-to-market functions.
What you’ll do:
- Own the process for translating high-level product and business problems into questions which can be answered by data-driven analysis
- Select and implement our foundational tooling to create an integrated source of truth for the organization, owning the development and maintenance of data pipelines, core data models and datasets, and data dictionary
- Work with owners of data sources across product, engineering, IT, and business systems, to ensure the availability of necessary data
- Conduct exploratory analysis to assess data quality, and collaborate with source data owners to address deficiencies and improve data quality
- Uncover opportunities to enhance our data with new sources and methods of data capture
- Empower teammates and individuals across the organization to conduct “self-serve” data analysis by owning the core data schema, data models, and tools for analysis and visualization
- Take on Catalant’s most complex data, reporting and analytical challenges, in support of our aggressive growth goals and our mission to help our customers get mission critical work done faster
- Work closely with functional leaders across product, marketing, sales, customer success, and finance organizations to provide data, reporting, and analytical support
- Conduct analysis to test hypotheses, uncover actionable insights to drive product and business strategy, and answer ad hoc questions about user behavior, experiment results, customer trends, and business performance
- Candidate dependent: Help drive data-science strategy across product team, including help from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, and measuring overall business value from machine learning and advanced techniques
What you’ll bring:
- 2-4 years of experience working in data analysis supporting product and marketing teams at a B2B or B2C software company
- Experience working with large data sets as well as a strong demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems leveraging data analysis
- A degree in engineering or a quantitative field including Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Data Science, or comparable experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present information in a compelling way to technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must; fluency in additional data manipulation languages (Python, R, etc.) and programming languages a plus
- Experience with modern data pipeline, data warehouse, ETL, data modeling, and BI tools (e.g. Stitch, Segment, or Fivetran; Redshift, Snowflake, or BigQuery; Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, Kissmetrics, or Snowplow; Looker, Tableau, Domo, or Mode)
- Familiarity with working with structured & unstructured data, ETL processes, and working with large data sets including statistical analysis, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation
- An eye for reporting design, and the ability to find ways to tell meaningful stories from data