We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Data Engineering Manager to join our data engineering team. You will be leading a team of talented developers behind the data engineering platform (core data engineering, business intelligence, and data operations). You will be working closely with Product Managers, Project Management, Analytics, Data Engineers and Data Science Engineers to help optimize and deliver innovative solutions. Sound good? Join us.
What You'll Do
- You will manage and mentor a talented team of Data Engineers of all levels, aiding them in their own career growth
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver value through your team
- You will facilitate data design discussions to help your team overcome scaling challenges.
What You'll Need
- You have 7+ years of experience in software or data engineering management
- Excellent mentorship skills to motivate, develop and guide the data engineers
- Manages hiring, training and updates on team performance to management and squad leads
- Strong background in Data Engineering and Business Intelligence – understanding concepts ranging from data pipelines to dimensional modeling to ETL to data delivery to data governance
- Proven ability to effectively balance short-term delivery and long-term stability
- History of building productive relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders and peers such as Product Managers, Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Company Leadership
- Possess the passion to design, build and deliver innovative applications
- Fosters an atmosphere that encourages continuous improvement
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.