Data Integration Specialist
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). By combining great products, student data, and research on best practices, Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 750 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
The Data Integration Specialist will plan and execute solutions to integrate customer data into our SaaS educational platform, and design solutions to simplify processes, save time and maximize the use of Ellevation by educators around the country.
As an integral member of our Partner Success Organization, you will be asked to contribute to and own components of the data integration process. We are looking for someone who wants to be in an early stage company, has tremendous communication skills, is motivated, proactive, a self-starter and has great curiosity for investigating the emerging new ways of utilizing technology.
- Communicate with partner support and clients about data specifications and support them at each step in the data integration process
- Manage data import process, validation and testing of a school district’s data into Ellevation’s platform
- Implement data file mapping, transformation and loading solutions using proprietary and off-the-shelf software tool
- Maintain schedules for recurring operational tasks, track key client and project metadata and assist in evaluating task priorities
- Building/improving/documenting internal processes and workflows
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding complex data and translating issues into non-technical terms
- Attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service orientation, and an understanding of the importance of meeting customer needs and maintaining strong customer satisfaction
- 1-3 years’ experience working with many heterogeneous datasets and formats from a variety of vendors, providers and platforms
- Demonstrated success and effectiveness working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and time-critical work environment
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python and SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel
- Implementing prevention and detection controls to ensure data integrity
- SIS/K-12 student data/Ed-Fi experience
- Working with, extending and defining data interchange standards and best practices
- Experience with SFTP, FTPS and other file transfer protocols
Great benefit plans, competitive salaries, unlimited vacation, 401(k) employer match, and so much more! You can learn more about our open and collaborative work environment here: https://ellevationeducation.com/culture