Data Science Manager
The Predictive Index (PI) is a talent optimization technology company that gives business leaders access to the people science, data, and strategy they need to make objective hiring decisions, design great teams and culture, and reach their strategic business goals. PI has more than 7,000 customers, including Nissan, Citizens Bank, DocuSign, Subway, 47 Brand, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Omni Hotels—across 142+ countries, and has undergone more than 500 validity studies.
Our team takes great pride in the power that PI has to positively impact and supercharge workplace relationships and culture - we are our own best case study. You’ll be part of a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, motivated people day in and day out. Our company motto is “better work, better world,” and we take that to heart most of all when it comes to our own people.
PI is looking for a high-energy, entrepreneurial, take-charge Data Science Manager to help us innovate our behavioral science, build intelligent products, and ultimately make data science a core strength of our business. In this role, you will be to work hand-in-hand with PI’s Science, Product, and Engineering teams to revolutionize how we build an advanced talent optimization platform. This will include helping define our overall data strategy, creating predictive models, developing recommendation systems, and applying NLP to make sense of our data. As a member of PI’s Science Team, the new hire will be part of a multidisciplinary team of experts who focus on people analytics, psychometrics, and the workforce sciences. The best fit is more than strong data science skills. It is someone who has a genuine passion for the science of talent optimization and wants to build expertise in areas such as human behavior and personality in the workplace, industrial & organizational psychology, the employee experience, team performance, and more. The ideal candidate will have the right balance of technical skills, leadership ability, creative spirit, and energy. Success will be about taking action and making things happen. We hope to hear from you soon!
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Working in close collaboration with PI colleagues to build great science and products.
- Managing, maintaining, and improving existing machine learning tools.
- Providing expertise into the development of PI’s product data strategy, including advising on database design, identifying new data sources, and enhancing data collection procedures.
- Organizing and cleaning data, conducting statistical analyses, and presenting results to stakeholders.
- Leading data science experiments, including experiments to identify, improve, and validate models for use in production.
- Planning, programming, and launching new machine learning tools/models into production software, including prediction, recommendation, classification, and NLP models.
- Participating in core science projects, including building new assessments, running validation studies, and/or other science priorities.
- Assisting various PI business functions (e.g., client operations, sales, marketing, etc.) to solve problems using advanced data science skills.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Strong track record of applying data science to solve real-world problems, improve products, and innovate business process.
- Strong experience with common data science tools such as TensorFlow, Azure Machine Learning Studio, Weka, Matlab, Torch, CNTK, or others.
- Fluency in key programming languages including Python, SQL, and R.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning & natural language processing techniques and algorithms such as K-NN, SVM, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Naive Bayes, and neural networks.
- Strong applied statistics skills including statistical testing, regression, data visualizations, and results presentation.
- Experience with DOMO, Salesforce, or other enterprise software.
- Knowledge or expertise in the behavioral sciences, including psychology, organizational behavior, or consumer psychology/behavioral economics.
- A flexible mindset that can adapt to changing work priorities, challenges, and timelines.
- An inclination for action and innovation, since you will be creating things that don’t exist yet.
- A sense of humor and good-natured style, so you can build strong collaborative relationships with your PI team.
Those who excel at The Predictive Index are:
- Cross-functional: At PI, we work as a team!
- Smart: They learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic: We have a vibrant office, and when you’re on, you’re on.
- Driven: We’re growing fast so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun: Because we work hard, we like to play hard—and we hope you do too!
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.