Data Scientist, Predictive Modeling Lead
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
As a leader on our GeoInnovation Data Science team, you will apply your extensive experience in predictive modeling both as an individual contributor and as a thought leader. You will help the team apply cutting edge forecasting methods to complex problems and large datasets. Collaborating across teams, you will build scalable models, evolve them into productized offerings and put the results of your work into context for business leaders. You will be instrumental in driving future hiring for data science roles where forecasting is critical.
- Take end-to-end ownership of predictive modeling work currently underway by the GeoInnovation Data Science team and expand the scope of our efforts.
- Effectively interface with engineers on scale issues and building code that can be deployed into production systems.
- Drive the long-term strategy for advancing our forecasting capabilities.
- Contribute thoughtful business recommendations using effective communication of findings (through synthesis and visualization of quantitative information).
- Actively partner with People Team to build talent pipeline, hire strong data scientists focused on forecasting, and shape successful on-boarding for new hires.
- Strong communication skills; able to translate results from complex analyses into interpretable results, both visually and verbally
- Enjoy collaborating with and leading others
- Proactive and self-directed
- Strong coding skills, able to inherit and improve an existing codebase; write well-documented, clean, maintainable code in a collaborative environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment
- 6+ years experience in industry
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) with a quantitative focus preferred
- Experience in predictive modeling in an agricultural context
- Fluent in Python and R
- Experience with git or a similar version control software
- Extensive practical and professional experience building predictive models
- Experience working in either AWS or Google Cloud environment
- Experience working in an Agile software and/or product development environment preferred