A bit about us:Devoted Health is a new health care company looking to improve the lives of seniors in America. We are guided by a deep belief that every senior should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being. With aging demographics and rising health costs, this is an industry and problem space that needs today’s best talent working on solutions with high integrity and a long term view. We will improve the lives of seniors by helping them navigate the healthcare system, by utilizing world-class technology and data to enable a simplified experience, by partnering with top providers for better health outcomes. We are building a stellar team to drive towards our starting point goal to launch a Medicare Advantage plan and clinical services in 2019.
Why Devoted:Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of healthcare, technology, and data leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:In our mission to take care of every member like they were our own mom or dad, we believe that data is a super power to deliver great service and clinical care. You will be the data scientist taking raw data and exploring it to tell stories using dashboards, reports, insights, and analyses actionable by other team members. As a member of the data science team, you’ll work with team members along the full data science stack, from data pipelines to machine learning.
Whether you have a health care background or not, we are excited to learn from and share knowledge with you. Our leadership team includes seasoned alumni of healthcare and technology organizations spanning the public and private sector. Our co-founders deeply understand and care about good technology: Todd Park co-founded Athenahealth, a multi-billion-dollar health care technology company, and served as CTO of the U.S.; Ed Park was athenahealth's founding engineer and served as its CTO, COO, and President of Services.
We want entry-level and junior data scientists with a strong focus on improving their own skills while contributing to the team. We are looking for folks who want to work in a complex system and who are passionate about building great technology to solve problems for users—our members, our colleagues, and ourselves.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, structuring, and integrating internal and external datasets and processes to unlock the potential of the data.
- Developing dashboards, reports, and analytical insights to support the effective delivery of health care services and improve outcomes for our members.
- Working with the data scientist team to build foundational data plumbing at a growing company.
Attributes to success:
- You are eager to learn what you don’t know yet and build your own knowledge base.
- You’re a roll up your sleeves and jump right in kind of person.
- You believe that data science is a team sport.
- You’re fast hands on keys in finding clever solutions to problems and iterating from there.
Desired skills and experience:
- 0-3 years of total experience
- Some experience with Python and/or SQL and a desire to build up your own skills in these languages.
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Some experience working with diverse and messy data sets.
- Some experience communicating data and technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- We are not able to provide work sponsorship or visa transfer at this time
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you.