Director, Data Science
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
As a Director of Data Science, you will provide direct, hands-on leadership to a team of data scientists, while working closely with engineers who productize machine learning solutions. Your work will be central to meeting Circle’s goal of becoming the premier platform for tokenizing, investing in and trading of crypto assets. As a part of your job you will interface with business stakeholders and have an opportunity to significantly impact results and decision making for risk, compliance, marketing and trading functions at Circle. Importantly, your work will help improve customer experience across a range of products offered by Circle.
What you'll work on:
- Expand Circle’s existing machine learning capabilities to deliver the next generation of more accurate, scalable models that continuously adapt to changing business needs
- Productize autonomous machine learning solutions to create reliable training and deployment pipelines in order to deliver the best possible experience for our customers, improve customer retention, prevent fraud, stop account takeovers and better enforce compliance regulations
- Grow and mentor a team of Data Scientists to enable them to apply the most appropriate techniques to the most important business needs related to blockchain, finance and behavioral analytics
- Create and foster a virtuous cycle between the Data Science team and the organizations that use the models they build
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Master’s degree or higher from a leading institution in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of industry experience in data science and analytics including hands on experience implementing machine learning solutions in production applications.
- Previous experience managing a team of data scientists, including all aspects of hiring, leading and mentoring the team
- Proven ability to translate complex business problems into realm of analytics and machine learning and collaborate with business on deploying, utilizing and enhancing resulting solutions
- Expertise in one Python, or R
- Experience working with RDBM systems, particularly familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with common software development (e.g., git, Jira) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Docker, Jenkins) as well as AWS technology stack
- PhD, further education or experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or other data related fields
- Experience building data solutions using Spark, Cassandra, HBase or related technologies
- Interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology