Director of eCommerce Analytics
Are you passionate about driving product roadmaps and improving the customer experience through the use of data? Are you an expert in digital analytics with a track record of uncovering and providing actionable insights to product and business teams? Do you have experience building and leading high-performing teams from the ground up? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this may be the role for you.
Chewy is looking for an experienced Director of eCommerce Analytics to grow and lead our eCommerce analytics function and team. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and driving the eCommerce analytics roadmap, working cross-functionally across Product, UX, Marketing, Merchandising, and Technology to define business requirements and implement scalable solutions. You will develop a keen understanding of how customers behave across our web and mobile properties, and the downstream impact of key initiatives.
This role will be pivotal in driving Chewy’s digital product roadmap and is an opportunity to build a new function from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Design and execute web/mobile measurement strategy; lead digital data collection efforts in collaboration with 3rd party vendors, Technology team, and business stakeholders.
- Ensure analytics implementation provides crystal-clear visibility into the impact and value of new features and functionality as well as onsite/in-app marketing and merchandising initiatives.
- Define requirements and work with Technology team to implement web/mobile tagging; document and validate tagging implementation.
- Define KPIs to measure the overall health of digital properties and build scalable weekly/monthly reporting dashboards to monitor and report out on those KPIs.
- Perform deep-dive analyses to inform product roadmap prioritization and understand the success of key business and customer experience initiatives.
- Define strategy and launch A/B testing capability; support ongoing testing and experimentation.
- Build and develop a high-performing team of analysts, data scientists, etc. to support the growing needs of the business.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in digital analytics or related field; eCommerce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Statistics, or a technical/quantitative field. Masters degree a plus.
- Proven track record of hiring and developing high-performing teams.
- Expert knowledge of digital analytics tools and implementation best practices (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with the following: Tableau (or similar data visualization tools), writing and tuning SQL queries, relational databases, advanced Microsoft Excel, technical digital analytics implementation, and A/B / multivariate testing.
- Experience working with software and data engineering teams to define requirements and implement/validate solutions.
- Motivated self-starter willing to roll up sleeves and execute while building a supporting team; comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous environment with little direction.
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities while delivering results.
- Position may require frequent travel