Director of Risk Operations (Boston or Dublin)
What you will be working on:
- Investigate, analyze and identify fraud patterns, risky behaviors, trends, vulnerabilities etc. and leverage data analysis to suggest appropriate solutions for mitigation.
- Manage and make independent decisions regarding day-to-day team work, queue prioritization, escalations, risk incidents, etc. while monitoring and communicating overall status, key metrics and immediate concerns both to the team and to senior management.
- Define the long term strategy for risk operations and direct the required engineering / product / analytics work needed in order to support your vision.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and manual procedures automation, strive for procedure automation and continuously review procedures and workflows for optimization.
- Build relationships with partners and stakeholders across the company and collaborate with Product, Growth, Compliance, Legal, Engineering, and other stakeholders on high impact initiatives.
- Train, mentor and develop Risk Ops team members.
What you will bring to Circle:
- Experience and thorough understanding of fraud / risk / trust & safety / identity in financial services / payments / ecommerce industries.
- Experience in leading and scaling a high performing operations team, preferably in a global company.
- Experience in managing complex cross-org projects and the tenacity to bring them to the finish line.
- Data driven approach towards decision making and process optimization, and the skills and knowledge to conceptualize monitoring and reporting tools.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement.
- Strategic mindset combined with a great tactical execution ability to achieve results.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in Cryptocurrency, Social Payments or FinTech
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville and we're backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay for iOS and Android today!