Fraud Analyst (Entry-level)
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
- Analyzes fraud trends, makes recommendations for fraud prevention processes and takes action to reduce losses due to credit card fraud.
- Uses a variety of tools, systems and reports to detect fraud trends.
- Review player deposit and withdrawal transactions for potential fraud and to ensure that Draft Kings' credit card merchant accounts are properly maintained and within monthly chargeback thresholds.
- Ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and best practices as prescribed by the credit card payment industry.
- Work closely with Customer Service to obtain requested player documents, resolve player status disputes and answer billing questions.
- Respond to inquiries from payment card brands regarding past player purchases. Compile and prepare formal responses in situations where players are disputing charges.
- Identify new methods in identifying and preventing fraud and work with product and engineering teams to implement these methods.
- Maintain accurate fraud and loss statistics. Prepare reports to keep management informed of fraud trends and potential losses.
- 0-2 years relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Criminal Justice or Sociology
- Ability to look at multiple data points and to make good business decisions regarding a customer’s status
- Ability to look at data for sustained periods of time
- Self-motivated, analytical thinker with a desire to thoroughly investigate potentially fraudulent customer behavior
- Intellectual curiosity and good decision making
- Ability to work nights and weekends required