Fraud Operations Team Lead
DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
- Analyzes fraud trends, makes recommendations for fraud prevention processes and takes action to reduce losses due to credit card fraud.
- Uses a variety of tools, systems and reports to detect fraud trends.
- Review player deposit and withdrawal transactions for potential fraud and to ensure that Draft Kings' credit card merchant accounts are properly maintained and within monthly chargeback thresholds.
- Ensure compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and best practices as prescribed by the credit card payment industry.
- Work closely with Customer Service to obtain requested player documents, resolve player status disputes and answer billing questions.
- Respond to inquiries from payment card brands regarding past player purchases. Compile and prepare formal responses in situations where players are disputing charges.
- Identify new methods for fraud detection and prevention and work with product and engineering teams to implement these methods.
- Maintain accurate fraud and loss statistics. Prepare reports to keep management informed of fraud trends and potential losses.
- Works closely with the Fraud Team Manager on new objectives and improvements to the fraud review process.
- Handles work in addition to incoming fraud alerts by helping with specialized objectives such as: OFAC screening, geolocation monitoring, and monthly chargeback reporting.
- Manages a team of reports and is responsible for scheduling, regular check-ins, and mid-year/year-end reviews.
- Communicates frequently with the Fraud Team Manager to discuss progress and development of employees.
This position requires working weekends and evenings which total 40 hours. Hours fluctuate based on the season and are included within: Mondays - Saturdays 7:00 am – 11:00 pm and Sundays from 7:00 am – 8:30 pm with the ability to work from home off hours.
- 2-4 years relevant experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to look at multiple data points and to make good business decisions regarding a customer’s status
- Ability to look at data for sustained periods of time
- Self-motivated with a desired to thoroughly investigate potentially fraudulent customer behavior
- Likes the thrill of “catching the bad guy”
- Intellectual curiosity and good decision making
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Criminal Justice or Sociology