Full Stack Engineer
Quilt is an early stage startup with a mission of addressing one of the largest problems facing America today: the perfect storm of people living longer AND saving less. As an independent subsidiary of a Fortune 100 company, Quilt combines the culture and agility of a startup with the stability and support of a large company. We plan to make a real difference, and we have all the ingredients to succeed where traditional, old school financial services companies have failed.
Currently in the product development stage, Quilt plans to launch its first financial product in 2019. We’re looking for an experienced full stack developer to join our small but growing team and help the effort to translate our business concept into an interactive application.
You’ll get to ...
● Engineer a full-stack web application from the ground up
● Use an up-to-date tech stack including Node.js, React, Typescript, and GraphQL
● Create an engaging customer experience on the front end
● Optimize the application for speed and scalability
● Design and implement data storage solutions on PostGreSQL
● Use cloud technologies - AWS, third party libraries (e.g. authentication)
In the past you have...
● Built server-side applications
● Worked with designers to create visually appealing UIs for customer-facing applications
● Worked with cloud technologies - AWS
● Built loosely coupled, highly cohesive code
● Worked in an Agile shop with an emphasis on rapid prototyping and rigorous A/B testing
● Experience designing APIs for consistency, simplicity, and extensibility
● Experience with version control tools, such as Git
● Experience with test-driven development using automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Karma, Jasmine
● Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
It’d be nice if you also have...
● Experience dealing with GraphQL data
You want to work at a company who values...
● Having a sense of humor
● Talking through complex issues while respecting the viewpoints of others
● Working with data and letting the analytics be your guide
● Collaborative project and product development
● Thinking about what we’re building - not just how it'll be delivered
● Keeping it simple
● Being proactive
● 5+ years of work experience in software engineering or a related field
● BA/BS degree, web development training, or equivalent experience
● Work from our Boston office
● Some business travel to other corporate offices
● Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. with or without sponsorship
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to embody our brand and values as you apply your expertise to build financial products that tackle, head-on, the retirement and longevity issues facing America.
We pay competitive base salaries and provide significant team performance bonuses. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program, including medical insurance, 401(K) with match, and a pension offered through our corporate parent, MassMutual.
Quilt is a high-growth team and equal opportunity employer with many opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Our team values diversity and encourages all races, religions, colors, origins, genders, sexual orientations, ages, marital statuses, veterans, and abilities to apply.