Head of Finance Data Engineering
We are looking for an experienced technology manager to lead the Finance Data Management & Architecture team. This is a newly created team that is responsible for architecture, design and enhancement of our Cloud based data & analytics platform. The primary objective of this platform is to centralize and govern MassMutual’s corporate finance data. The team consists of platform engineers, data architects, dev ops engineers, and data integration engineers.
The candidate must bring a deep technical background, must be well-versed in Cloud (modern & full stack) technology, should possess hands-on expertise in distributed-data-management technologies (Apache Spark, AWS, Hadoop) and be conversant with application development (RESTful services, Python), enterprise technology and data security. In addition to this, the leader must possess the ability influence stakeholders across the technology organization, actively participate in strategic planning and decision making and the execution of complex technology initiatives and projects.
- Proactively assess rapidly evolving modern data management and cloud technologies and select and apply the right tools in building out and enhancing our data & analytics platform to meet Finance analytical needs
- Lead a team of platform engineers in supporting and enhancing our innovative platform
- Lead a team of data engineers and data modelers to onboard and transform finance data in a secure manner
- Collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize business data use-cases and deliver on them
- Ensure all the sub-components of the data & analytics platform can scale and meet evolving business needs
- Establish and leverage Agile development methodology to deliver timely solution
- Establish CICD (continuous-integration and delivery) pipeline to ensure seamless migration across development, QA and production environments
- Lead a team of data, application, security, and infrastructure architects charged with defining and maintaining standards and design and implementation patterns aligned with technology strategy.
- Publish and communicate standards, integration patterns and technology assessments
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in data management, delivery and architecture leadership
- Hands-on experience for a minimum of 3 years in Cloud technology – AWS EMR, Spark, Python, Vertica preferred
- Deep proficiency in data architecture and data management principles – traditional RDBMS, MPP appliances, columnar repositories and distributed-data technologies
- Experienced in enabling and supporting data analysts in complex data science projects
- Experienced in agile & waterfall project-management methodologies
- Ability to mentor and develop junior engineers
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Exceptional and persuasive communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now and in the future
- Financial Services industry and Corporate Finance experience preferred