Market Surveillance Analyst
Circle is a global crypto finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people and institutions create and share value globally. With our suite of products, we enable our customers to send and receive money around the world easily, as well as invest in and trade crypto assets.
Circle is seeking a Market Surveillance Analyst to join the Compliance team. The Market Surveillance Analyst will play an important role in monitoring the trading activity on the Poloniex exchange to help ensure a better trading experience for Circle customers and to identify suspicious activity that could pose a risk to the exchange and our customers.
The Market Surveillance Analyst will use surveillance systems and other monitoring tools, complaints, and referrals to conduct reviews, and will ensure that the market surveillance systems function properly.
What you'll work on
- Review suspicious activity based upon a variety of alerts generated by surveillance systems and internal triggers
- Research alerts identified for investigation and document findings
- Document whether activity warrants further investigation, and escalate to management as appropriate
- Prepare reports and recommend associated decisions and enforcement steps for completed investigations
- Assist with the creation, development, and review of market surveillance procedures, alerts, and proprietary triggers
- Contribute to the refinement of surveillance systems to ensure that alert output is meaningful and valid
- Identify and mitigate situations that may adversely impact the integrity of Poloniex markets
What you’ll bring to Circle
- Posses strong analytical skills and the ability to work with and synthesize large data files,
- An understanding of traditional financial markets, particularly commodity and/or equity markets
- 2+ years experience related to financial market surveillance or financial marketplace compliance
- Strong understanding of exchange functions and methods of market manipulation and abuse
- Experience with market surveillance applications
- Solid data analytics capabilities
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgment
- Ability to write and execute SQL queries against large data is a plus.
- Crypto asset market knowledge is a plus.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Circle Pay enables customers to send and receive money, across borders and currencies. Circle Invest empowers consumers to buy and sell crypto assets. Circle Trade is one of the world’s top market makers for major crypto coins and offers OTC trading services for institutions and high net worth individuals. Additionally, in 2018 Circle acquired Poloniex and signed an agreement to acquire SeedInvest, both of which enable us to expand our offerings even further. Poloniex is one of the world's leading token marketplaces. SeedInvest is the largest equity crowdfunding platform in the United States, as well as a licensed broker-dealer.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.