Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, we’re assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively and authentically, to innovate and think transformation, not status quo.
If that’s you, we’d love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare technology company, Aetion is looking for an experienced professional for a Principal Scientist opportunity to strengthen our real-world data research team. The Principal Scientist will be an active thought leader in the organization and report to the Senior Director. This individual will engage with scientists and other researchers both internally and at customer organizations to drive the adoption of and customers’ success with the Aetion Evidence Platform (AEP). S/he will work cross-functionally within the company to identify and solve business issues, encapsulate scientific methods within Aetion products, and help to build Aetion’s best practices. This individual will also lead scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others for regulatory submission purposes) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves and participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
ResponsibilitiesThe following duties include, but, are not limited to:
- Serves as Science Lead and client interface for multiple clients, working with Customer and Program leads to build and maintain client relationships and identify opportunities for new work, and providing review, strategic direction and oversight for studies and analyses conducted on or outside of the AEP in the area of pharmacoepidemiology and specifically geared toward regulatory submissions.
- Serves as Principal Investigator (PI) on client and internal projects and is responsible for the quality and timeliness of deliverables, removing obstacles and managing risks to successful delivery
- Partners with Commercial, Delivery, Labs and/or other functions in engaging directly with potential and current clients to introduce them to Aetion platform and scientific services, develop proposals for new work, and design other solutions responsive to customer needs and questions
- Collaborates with and mentor teammates to develop and implement detailed scientific protocols and develop reports for customers as well as for validation and customer training purposes
- Maintains strong current knowledge base in pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational RWE studies.
- Serves as an internal resource to Science/Delivery team and other functions in promoting educational activities and knowledge sharing, development of best practice documents
- Management and mentorship of junior colleagues on meeting their yearly goals and professional development may be requested, but this will largely be an individual contributor role
- PhD (or MS with equivalent experience) in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or health economics
- 4+ years relevant work experience in epidemiology or health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) delivering products or services to life science partners and/or payer organizations with specific experience in development and submission of research to regulatory bodies
- Able to design studies and perform advanced professional analytical work in surveillance, detection, and prevention of diseases; HEOR analyses; biostatistics; longitudinal data analyses including descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence and others, or other expert quantitative areas pertinent to healthcare
- Knowledge of statistical programming language (e.g. SAS, R, STATA)
- Has a deep conceptual understanding of epidemiological methods and study design, and has SAS, R, STATA or other statistical programming experience.
- Experience working with multiple databases (Claims, EMR, US and non-US)
- Travel will be required (up to 25%) including working on-site with customer
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, and in writing
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams and decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate and lead others
- Lead at all levels – Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders and technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports and maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, and HIMSS.
- Located in three cities — We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, and Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social and energetic offices – with a modern layout, and a giant kitchen and eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, and industry meetups and events.
- Great perks – We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match and a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the law.