Program Cost / Schedule Analyst
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. We aim to change the way we travel.
We frequently achieve what others can’t due to a combination of experience, persistence, collaboration, and a culture of innovation. Projects are ambitious and risky. We apply breakthrough technologies to create a new state of the art, rather than advancing the old one. This is your chance to make history with us. We are seeking experts and explorers across the lifecycle of vehicle development.
Proposal Support – Work closely with technical leads and project managers to:
• Develop basis of estimate (BOE) to support proposal estimating.
• Solicit and evaluate supplier quotes and subcontract proposals.
• Create a resource-loaded IMS in Microsoft Project.
Project Planning – Work closely with technical leads and project managers to:
• Establish the project baseline.
• Create and maintain the project schedule and costs.
• Assist project manager with regular planning.
• Monitor and measure project progress, identify and work program-wide issues
• Meet regularly with technical leads and project managers to review project deadlines and activities; ensure Estimate to Complete (ETC) budgets and durations are properly reflected in the project schedule
• Support the project manager in collecting inputs and generating Estimate at Complete (EAC) for management review and approval
• Collect and report actual results during project execution
• Track invoices and open commitments and research problems with billing/payment
• Support the generation and delivery of internal and external technical and programmatic reports
• Extract various reports from enterprise software to support management reviews
Provide mentorship and training to other members of the program analyst group
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret level security clearance
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Project
• Experience working on DoD programs with Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) requirements
• Experience in applying and interpreting integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies
• Experience in creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
• Experience performing Schedule Risk Analysis
• Demonstrated understanding of Earned Value (EV) management principles and their application to complex projects
Physical Requirements: n/a
• Must be able to support occasional travel