Salesforce Business Intelligence Analyst
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of Salesforce Business Intelligence Analyst will be the expert for Indigo’s commercial data analysis and reporting. The Salesforce Business Intelligence Analyst will review and analyze data from multiple platforms build reports and offer solutions to sales and functions for visibility into Indigo commercial performance and data quality. This role can be based in Memphis, TN or Boston, MA. Reporting to the Reporting Manager, this position will be a key liaison between Commercial in Memphis and I.T. in Boston to structure Salesforce and other systems and processes for successful utilization by management and the sales team.
- Implement and continually evolve reporting cadence to account managers, sales team, management, and executive team utilizing Salesforce as a source of truth for commercial data.
- Develop Einstein Analytics datasets, reports, and dashboards that will improve commercial performance by identifying bottlenecks and challenges.
- Respond to complicated ad-hoc or “one off” requests for reports of Sales Data from various functions within Indigo, including Finance, Legal, Data Science, and executive leadership.
- Develop key performance indicators utilizing key metrics associated with Indigo commercial data in the Einstein Analytics platform.
- Manage continuous improvements updates and evolution of the Salesforce, based on company needs and shifting priorities.
- Work with Sales Operations team to perform and build analysis that is addictive to Indigo Sales performance tracking such as data quality management.
- Liaison with Salesforce Development team at Indigo to structure effective use by Sales team and for reporting purposes at Indigo.
- Analytical mindset and creating a story out of data
- Can visualize data and put numbers to graphs/charts
- Understand business analytics (i.e. cost benefit, build financial models) and the full commercial pipeline from lead generation to customer experience.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Team player
- Detail oriented and very organized
- Excellent cross-functional communicator, able to work with a diverse set of internal stakeholders.
- Results oriented with ability to prioritize and manage through multiple projects/priorities/deadlines simultaneously.
- Customer centric minded
- Passion for Indigo and our core values
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Engineering or a math related focus desired)
- MS Excel expert user, with high efficiency in Macros and Pivot tables for automated reporting, analysis, and distribution
- At least 3 years of Salesforce experience is required, Einstein Analytics and/or Salesforce Admin certification is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience of Salesforce reporting and data analysis in a sales operations function
- MS Power Point experience required as well as SQL or other programming language experience and experience with tools such as Snowflake, Lookr, Tableau, or Spotfire
- Farming background or knowledge of the business of farming is beneficial.