Senior Analyst of Customer Operations
We are looking for a growth-minded, curious and analytical team member to join our Business Operations team as a Sr. Analyst to help us accelerate our growth and create positive impact to our customers. This key role in Customer Operations team will be at the center of our customer journey transformation, partnering across the several areas at Rapid7 , and directly impacting critical areas such as Customer Success, Customer Experience, and Support. The ideal candidate will be driven, courageous, innovative and passionate in helping us to look for new ways to drive growth while keeping the customer at the center.
The Senior Analyst of Customer Operations is a key business partner to the Sr. Manager, Customer Operations and VP of Customer Success, empowering the organization with data-driven perspectives, recommendations and insights that move the needle in our results and strategies. This position is a unique blend of business partnering, business modeling & analytics, and management reporting that offers the right candidate a great opportunity to make a direct and immediate impact
As part of the larger Business Operations team, you will be empowered to participate in cross-functional projects that support our larger mission of customer outcomes transformation. This can include working on business process improvements, such as reviews of our licensing models and approach; and implementation of new CRM modules to create more resilient business processes and drive customer outcomes. Being at the center of this customer journey transformation is exhilarating, and the growth opportunities are endless.
Here's what you'll be up to on a day-to-day basis...
- Synthesize and analyze data from different sources to provide key insights to drive actionable strategies, streamline key business processes, function in an international environment, and drive performance improvements for the business.
- Develop relevant reporting and metrics to understand, measure, and drive financial and operational performance of the business, including but not limited to:
- Track and report team & individual results including Renewal rates, retained ARR, etc.
- Create, track and report on a variety of analytics such as by product renewal behavior, tenure modeling, product platform adoption, and geographic trends.
- Create, track and report renewal pipeline and opportunities.
- Design and create ad-hoc reporting and analysis to improve the current and future state of the customer success organization.
- Partner with customer success management to support weekly forecasting processes, monthly and quarterly reporting processes, and ultimately annual planning and territory management processes.
- Help drive components of our customer experience transformation, including:
- Help identify, prioritize, communicate and drive resolution of critical issues and risks to mitigate negative impact on customer satisfaction, operational efficiency, and scale.
- Providing feedback in architecting new system requirements, business processes and investments.
- Working cross-functionally to understand how Customer Success, Services, and Support activities interplay and improve customer outcomes in the form of adoption, retention and advocacy.
- Work with Customer Success organization to influence and improve processes that impact the customer experience, renewal rates, expansion and/or predictability.
- Lead specific projects aimed at driving operational (expansion, retention, leverage, etc.) and / or scale improvement (system upgrades, process improvements, etc.)
- Provide a voice and point of view to the senior leadership team on key initiatives.
Enough about us... let's talk about you!
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Operations, Finance, Economics or Business required and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in a SW or SaaS Operations environment.
- Expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets as well as the general MS Office and G-Suite tools.
- Deep understanding of SaaS renewals business, expiring & secured baselines, contract erosion, cohort and product renewal rates, etc.
- Experience with Netsuite, SalesForce or similar CRM or ERP systems.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, PowerBI, etc as a Plus
- Shows history of being highly organized with an emphasis on attention to detail and capable of managing multiple work streams at the same time.
- Possesses the confidence to implement change and improve on the status quo. Experience in change management practices a plus
- Resilient and resourceful individual that enjoys solving complex problems.
- Quick learner who is naturally curious and thrives in the face of the unexpected, ambiguity and change.
- Team-oriented mindset with proven ability to drive impact through influence and collaboration across multiple functions and levels of an organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with internal customers and building influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Strong work ethic and customer service mentality.
Rapid7 in a nutshell...
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
Building meaningful customer partnerships is not just something we talk about at Rapid7, it’s a core value in everything we do. From product development to sales, marketing and support, providing our customers with better outcomes in protecting and securing their organizations is our mission.