Senior Associate, Pricing Strategy
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history. Today, we host automotive marketplaces in the US, Canada, Germany, UK, Italy and Spain.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Associate, Pricing Strategy to support the development of our pricing and go to marketing activities for new product introductions and international markets. We are rapidly expanding our offering to include a series of listing and digital marketing products such as dealer search (SEM), display products and social. Our international markets are experiencing disproportionately large growth with unsatisfied dealer marketing needs.
The ideal candidate will enjoy all aspects of strategy development and implementation including in depth market research, building alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders, and managing the details of project execution. You will be comfortable conducting analysis of complex topics, bringing structure to open ended questions, and clearly and concisely communicating recommendations to stakeholders across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement new pricing and packaging strategies to accelerate growth
- Conduct in-depth competitive and customer research and deliver insights in a clear and impactful manner to build alignment around a go to market approach
- Partner with Product, Sales, Engineering, Finance, and Marketing to execute and refine pricing, packaging, and go to market strategy
- Monitor performance of existing pricing and packaging structures and identify opportunities to accelerate growth
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 2 - 4 years of experience, preferably including consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or product strategy
- Experience conducting expert interviews, designing and implementing surveys, and conducting competitive research using a wide array 3rd party sources
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership, delivering a concise, data driven approach
- Experience in pricing and other revenue optimization fields is a plus
- Working knowledge of various data analysis, reporting and CRM tools and comfort in getting up to speed on new tools (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Looker, Tableau, Salesforce)
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.