Senior Data Engineer
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll be a creative contributor, leader and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes, and you will use your experience to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, you’ll not only solve new problems every day, you’ll see your data solutions immediately improve our users’ experience.
What you’ll do as a Senior Data Engineer:
- You’ll build tools to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Care about agility like you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and priority management is key.
- Design processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You will also focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes
- Utilize your experience to mentor, guide and advice on best practices for delivering performant solutions to data engineers
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products.
What skills you will use:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- A deep knowledge of a variety of data engines like SQL Server, MySQL, and Redshift.
- Experience with data tools such as Tableau, OLAP cubes and Qlik.
- You’ll also have a solid understanding of dimensional modeling.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience working in AWS, EMR, and Spark is a big plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.