Senior Data Engineer
We're hiring a Senior Data Engineer with strong programming skills to help scale and optimize our data pipeline. Data is critical to our deep learning models and in this position you'll be playing a key role in shaping the way we collect, aggregate, and annotate that data.
In the coming year, we’re anticipating rapid growth to support an increasing demand for our technology -- come help us design and build a scalable infrastructure to support that growth!
- Build and maintain data pipelines to serve our production and research needs
- Collaborate across teams to help set the data pipeline roadmap
- Write clean, object-oriented, well-tested, maintainable code
- Work directly with name brand car companies to understand their systems and data formats
- Help set the company's path to meet future data needs through high-level technology and design decisions
- Eager to test new technologies and learn new skills
Strongly Preferred Skills & Background
- 5+ years software development experience in fast paced environments
- Significant experience writing production-level code in Python
- Ability to iterate and deliver on new ideas quickly
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Expert in PostgreSQL, with significant experience designing, maintaining and optimizing large databases
- Familiarity with machine learning and data science techniques a plus, but not required
- Innovative, collaborative and fun culture
- Competitive compensation including benefits and equity
- Guest lectures, learning opportunities with connections to labs at Harvard and elsewhere, and publication opportunities
- Free Lunch
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.