Senior Data Engineer
What you’ll do as a Senior Data Engineer:
- You’ll build tools to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Care about agility like you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and priority management is key.
- Design processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- You will also focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes
- Utilize your experience to mentor, guide and advice on best practices for delivering performant solutions to data engineers
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products.
What skills you will use:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- A deep knowledge of a variety of data engines like SQL Server, MySQL, and Redshift.
- Experience with data tools such as Tableau, OLAP cubes and Qlik.
- You’ll also have a solid understanding of dimensional modeling.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience working in AWS, EMR, and Spark is a big plus. AA19