Senior Database Administrator
Data is the life blood of Cogo Labs and impacts nearly all decision making within the company. Cogo Lab’s data team is seeking an experienced MySQL DBA to aid in the improvement, maintenance, and scaling of Cogo's relational database systems. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on a critical part of the business, innovate with the latest tools in the database space, and work on a small team of experienced engineers.
What you'll do:
- Aid in the maintenance and improvement of Cogo's relational database infrastructure. This work will emphasize improving and iterating on our high availability strategies, enhancing our backup procedures, and exploring geographically diverse deployments.
- Instill process and procedure that allow Cogo's database infrastructure to scale as more incubating companies are created.
- Help incubating companies plan their schemas and table layouts, and debug or optimize problematic SQL.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure that any outages are limited in scope and duration.
Experience and skills required:
- Four years experience administering MySQL (or MySQL drop-in equivalent).
- Expertise on replication strategies (multi-master, semi-synchronous, asynchronous), failover and high availability, backup strategies, and upgrade procedures.
- Comfortability with bare-metal environments. Expertise with Linux (CentOS) including tools like Linux software RAID (mdadm) and LVM.
- Experience with cloud database deployments on services like AWS RDS or Google's Cloud SQL.
- Python 2/3 scripting experience.
- Strong experience profiling and optimizing SQL statements. Ability to tune databases for optimization under specific workloads.
- Experience with Percona distribution of MySQL including XtraDB.
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration.
- Experience with big-data frameworks and tools like Apache Spark, Apache Hive, and Presto.
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache Airflow.
- Experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
About Cogo Labs:
- We’re a long-running, successful startup incubator, with a strong startup culture and none of the startup anxiety! Our work is challenging and dynamic, but our environment is fun and supportive.
- We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to build profitable large-scale consumer internet startups.
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, along with substantive participation in the success of the companies we incubate.
- We are a diverse group with passions and interesting hobbies outside of work: musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, beer brewers, and whatever you are!