Senior Database Architecture and Integration Engineer
- Workplace Operations Technology is seeking a senior Database Architect and Integration Engineer with hands on DBA design, architecture and database administration skills in order to build database management discipline within the Workplace Solutions Operations Technology organization.
- Performs Database design architecture for Workplace Optimization transformation initiative which spans multiple businesses and technology organizations within the Retirement Services space.
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently and within several large team to ensure that CLOUD data structures are scalable, resilient, and accessible from end to end development through production delivery.
- Responsible for technical work, instantiation of industry best practices, standards, in an “automate everything” organizational philosophy.
- Ability to train and mentor other Data and Database technicians as needed.
- Full stack with deep technical database expertise, understanding of database technology stack configuration and optimization, able to integrate scalability, performance, resilience within and across database technologies and as they integrate with the applications and service orchestration layers.
List the primary job duties, responsibilities, and skills using headings and then give examples of the types of activities under each heading. Using headings and giving examples of the types of activities to be done allows you to develop a flexible job description that encourages employee to work outside the box and within reason, discourages that’s not my job.
- Develops database solutions for on-prem and in the cloud. Designs proposed systems, defines database physical and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Installs database systems, coordinates the execution of database deliveries
- Optimizes and tune database performance by working in concert with applications, API and Microservices development in an Agile, DevOPS CICD environment; works with production support team to resolve issues and incorporate into continuous improvement to prevent future occurrences.
- Mentors and trains users and other staff on database methods and usage
- Manage and synchronize builds and data loads across multiple environments for End to End functional and non-functional testing
- Provides technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor.
- Provide strategic thinking, solutions, and roadmaps while driving architectural recommendations.
- Maintain current and future state architecture; provide IT database architecture direction to Workplace and Enterprise-wide partners and stakeholders
- Serves as a fully seasoned and proficient technical resource; provide technical knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- May lead multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in delivering large, complex and strategic technology initiatives
- 5+ years of hands-on database management work, showing technical and career progression into more complex deliveries, including database design, data maintenance, database security, requirements analysis and operating systems
- 3+ years in enterprise, application and information data architecture and design
- Database and application development experience in relational databases and cloud technologies.
- Understanding of big data technologies; Data Lake and Big Data modeling experience.
- Experience data modeling in transactional and operational reporting and analytical (EDW, Data Lake, NoSQL) solutions.
- Experience with capacity planning, database scripting and package deployment.
- Experience with data replication methodology.
- Experience with data warehouse, Data Mart, or Data Lake.
- Expertise in tuning and debugging SQL and resolving application specific bottlenecks.
- Experience using (Erwin, TOAD, or any other data modeling tool) for data modeling.
- Experience with cloud-based databases and data warehouses.
- Working knowledge of data security frameworks, data quality frameworks, metadata management & data catalogs, and data governance frameworks.
- 5+ years SAFe agile experience in a Devops environment
- AWS Certified
- Agile Certified
- Prior large-scale, global transformation leadership experience is a plus
- Sound technical & functional knowledge of Recordkeeping and/or Retirement Services is a plus
- Experience within a DEVOPs CICD environment
- Experience facilitating meetings and providing presentations to stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience in data modeling and design in the insurance and financial industries.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure disciplines.
- Ability to develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes.