Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Today we support tens of thousands of restaurants who see the quality of timely and insightful data as critical to their success. By this point next year, we are expecting to have doubled our data and traffic volume. The Data Platform team is building the massively-scalable Spark, Avro and Parquet based streaming data plane built on AWS that will meet this goal.
Are you dedicated to the craft of raising the right kind of information, at the right time, in the right context? Do you believe that extraordinary products differentiate themselves by moving beyond a simple "report" into a data rich experience? If so, we'd like you to join us.
About this roll*:
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure of our high performance, highly reliable data analytics platform
- Polishing and improving the data model used across the company with an eye toward long term scalability
- Working individually or sometimes as the technical leader of a small group of engineers across a broad spectrum of projects
- Collaborating with many of the most critical aspects of the business, ranging from the CTO all the way to Customer Success and Marketing
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5+ years of experience in Java, Groovy, Kotlin or another JVM based language with object-oriented components
- Experience working within the data analysis ecosystem on top of platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, or Snowflake.
- Familiarity with microservice based architecture operating at scale, preferably in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Not afraid of the command line and willing to jump in and assist with ops as necessary to keep the pipeline moving. You design things that are easy to operate and maintain.
- The ability to break large tasks into manageable releases, focusing on obtaining customer feedback early and often
- Former teammates who rave about your ability to clearly communicate, empathize with the customer, and “tell it like it is” when there is room for improvement.
*Bread puns welcome, but not required