Solution Designer, Digital Analytics
Advance medical knowledge: That is the core of our mission here at the Massachusetts Medical Society, publishers of the New England Journal of Medicine! We’re building our next generation of platforms to better serve our technical and customer needs. As the Solution Designer, Digital Analytics, you will be a key member of the Digital Analytics delivery team that supports digital analytics capabilities for multiple NEJM Group product lines and programs. You will act both as an internal consultant regarding analytics collection and reporting, and as a hands-on member of the solutions delivery team -- collaborating with the team to research, implement, test, and troubleshoot digital analytics tools and operations across our web and email products. You excel at coordinating with product leads to understand business goals and to research, recommend, and deliver solutions. You have proven experience working with web and email metrics, a deep understanding of the elements and structure of modern web site page code, and a passion for data analysis and creative, hands-on problem-solving.
Our Digital Business Transformation (DBX) is revamping the way we make decisions, set priorities, and use our technology systems to deliver content and other services to our customers. DBX initiatives include implementation of new content management systems (MarkLogic, Contentful), a new eCommerce platform (Magento), increasing our analytics and marketing capabilities with Adobe, and much more! We are fully invested in continuing NEJM’s long-standing legacy as the world’s premiere medical journal by becoming a truly digital company. To get there, we are investing in our people, our mobile and online products and our IT team by deploying the latest technology and modern cloud-based solutions. If you’re seeking to grow your skills in a collaborative learning environment where new ideas are encouraged, this is the right place for you.
The Massachusetts Medical Society is the statewide professional association for physicians and medical students. We are dedicated to educating and advocating for the patients and physicians of Massachusetts. We offer online CME courses and live events that award continuing medical education credits. The Society, under the auspices of NEJM Group, publishes the New England Journal of Medicine, a leading global medical journal and web site, and NEJM Journal Watch alerts and publications covering 12 specialties.
- Work with product managers and technical teams to understand analytics requirements, and create detailed technical specifications, requirements materials, and other documentation to support implementation and testing.
- Lead digital analytics implementations, working closely with business teams and our vendor development partner, based on priorities set by the team’s product owner.
- Analyze changes and enhancements requested by product teams and return recommendations that align with enterprise-level metrics and analytics best practices.
- Deliver solutions that are comprehensive, creative, elegant, and extensible, and that will support the kinds of reporting needed to drive business decisions.
- Create and maintain data-collection mechanisms (such as analytics tagging and data imports) to maximize the quality and accuracy of analytics data.
- Take ownership of issues and bugs affecting existing analytics implementations, work independently to understand the root cause of the problem, and deliver fixes in a timely way.
- Stay current about industry trends around analytics, especially capabilities of the Adobe Analytics platform.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with data and web metrics.
- Proficiency with Adobe or Google Analytics and with tag management is a plus; experience with Adobe Analytics is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently as well as within a highly collaborative agile team setting.
- Experience with the full suite of Adobe Marketing Cloud products (Target, Audience Manager, Campaign, Tag Manager/Launch) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in publishing or media is highly desirable.
Our generous benefits offerings include: 3 weeks of paid vacation, 6 personal days, 12 sick days, 12 paid holidays, medical and dental plans, 401(k) plans with company match, an onsite back-up childcare center, tuition assistance and more!
The MMS has earned praise as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe for the past 6 years in a row! The Globe surveys employees regarding their opinions about company leadership, benefits, ethics, values and culture, and recognizes those companies who receive high marks from their employees.
Massachusetts Medical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled