Technical Business Analyst
About the Technical Business Analyst Position
The Technical Business Analyst role is a highly collaborative position with insight into and collaboration with all roles within the organization. This position serves as a primary facilitator for cross-team communication and collaboration. The Technical Business Analyst must familiarize him/herself with scope, objectives and architecture of each project to gain a cohesive, detailed and accurate understanding. Technical Business Analysts must have focused attention to detail and must work well in teams or on solo tasks.
The Technical Business Analysts primary responsibility is gathering and analyzing detailed functional requirements. As a result the Technical Business Analyst will produce functional specifications for client approval that clearly denote scope and requirements to aid user interface, engineering, and quality analysis teams in project development. The Technical Business Analyst owns/organizes all project-related documentation. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for answering scope and functionality related questions, as well as to provide oversight to the successful completion of the project.
Approximately less than 20% travel required per year.
- Follow a repeatable methodology to successfully develop applications on time and on budget using the latest web technologies and build applications according to best practice standards.
- Work alongside Team leads to develop necessary Technical Architecture and make key technology decisions to make individual projects successful.
- Stay apprised of the latest technologies and innovations in web application technologies (in general) and ASP.NET (in particular).
- Actively participate in the project planning process and bring that background knowledge back to the engineering implementation team.
- Enhance development standards and introduce new technologies to maximize efficiency and turnaround within the Engineering department.
- Work very closely with Team leads to maintain the highest possible level of communication surrounding the engineering and the project development process.
- Facilitating cross-department communication is key to this role.
- The Technical Business Analyst leads project handoff and retrospective meetings with members of the Engineering, Quality Analysis, Project Management and Creative teams. Will be responsible for capturing & following-up on any action/blocking items.
- The Technical Business Analyst will be the main information resource for project functionality and scope specific questions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and document complex user interaction scenarios.
- The Technical Business Analyst is client facing role. Frequent communication with the client is necessary for gathering requirements and making recommendations. They will also be responsible for explaining gaps and technical concepts for an often nontechnical audience.
- Ability to attend and speak on daily phone conversations with teammates and clients
- Ability to screen share and white board with clients and teammates
- Bachelors Degree in related field, specialized training, or 3-6 years of equivalent work experience in IT/software industry.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships with internal departments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to gather, analyze and document information clearly and efficiently.
- Proactive nature to actively seek gaps and issues, and make recommendations to functionality.
- Candidate should possess a solid understanding of front-end development (XHTML, CSS, JS) and have experience with middle tier and back end development (ASP.NET, C#, SQL). Although development knowledge is desirable, development will not be a focus of this role.
- Experience with Content Management Systems and integrations (Sitecore, Episerver or Ektron) is not essential but is a big plus.
- Familiarity with both agile and waterfall development methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with project life-cycle management tools such as JIRA and Confluence would be a plus.
- Must be an innovative, self-motivated, and hands-on professional who excels with new and changing technologies in a rapidly growing and fast moving company.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
1. Rapid growth company of 19 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Beautiful new HQ building in Boston; easily accessible to the train and free street parking
6. Company that values collaboration and communication
7. Free lunch Fridays at noon and drinks at 3:00pm
8. Dog friendly office – woof!
9. Flexible schedule options to support work/life integration
10. Nine company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers closer together.
We know that in order to do great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success.
Verndale’s services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.
Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan with company match are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.