Technology Manager, Data Engineering
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Love data? We do too.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for a Technology Manager to join our Data Engineering organization. You will be leading a team of talented developers behind the data engineering platform (core data engineering, business intelligence, data operations and data delivery). You will also be collaborating across Product and Engineering teams to help optimize and deliver innovative solutions. Sound good? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Tech Manager:
- Manage, mentor, and coach a talented team of Data Engineers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver value through your team.
- Drive continuous improvement to your team to address process problems.
What skills you will use:
- You have 7+ years of software or data engineering management.
- Solid background in data engineering and business intelligence – understanding concepts ranging from data pipelines and dimensional modeling to ETL, data delivery, and data governance.
- You have a proven ability to effectively balance short term delivery and long-term stability.
- History of building productive relationship across a diverse set of stakeholders and peers such as Product Managers, Project Managers, Technical Leads, and Company Leadership.
- You possess a passion to design, build, and polish innovative applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical major is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.