This position calls for a designer with advanced data visualization skills who can also define the look and feel for enterprise-grade, desktop, tablet, and mobile applications for Life Science & Biotech industries. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of (UX/UI/Data Vis) designers, developers, product managers, and product owners in a fast-paced, agile environment.
· Work with stakeholders to translate product concepts and wireframes into sophisticated, creative, and visually engaging designs and data visualizations
· Research and design advanced infographics and data visualizations for complex mobile and web analytics
· Perform detailed task analysis and identify chart interactions that support specific analytical tasks
· Apply and extend established design systems to new visualizations
· Contribute to the Visual and Data Viz Style Guide
· Establish, maintain and apply a unified look and feel across products including fonts, colors, iconography, and imagery
· Collaborate with the development and QA teams to ensure that designs are implemented as designed, and maintain high design implementation standards across the entire platform
· Engage with cross-functional, agile teams throughout the project lifecycle
Required Skills & Experience
· Minimum 1+ years proven experience designing advanced data visualizations and visual applications in a high tech environment, as demonstrated by a comprehensive online portfolio
· Advanced data visualization design skills, with the ability to transform data into clear and compelling stories
· Excellent visual design skills, including command of hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, composition, and construction of meaningful imagery
· Fluency in advanced design and prototyping software and tools (Sketch, Invision, Illustrator/Adobe Suite, Insight, Axure, etc)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
· Experience designing for mobile and tablet
· Human Factors/UX principles
· Agile development
· Cross-browser development
· BA or equivalent degree in Data Visualization, Graphic Design, Human Factors, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred, but not required).
· Education or experience in a technical field such as data science, physical science (chemistry, physics, etc.), computer science, or mathematics is also a huge plus.
SHYFT Analytics, a Medidata company, is the leading platform for commercial and real-world data analytics, with products designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industry. SHYFT’s data analytics platform is the most efficient and scalable way to transform massive amounts of complex healthcare data into on-demand clinical and commercial insight. SHYFT is headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Learn more about SHYFT at www.shyftanalytics.com, or follow the company on Twitter @SHYFTAnalytics or LinkedIn.
WE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE JOB POSTING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION. IT IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE SALIENT FEATURES OF THE POSITION OFFERED. A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE PROVIDED SHOULD THE CANDIDATE RECEIVE A JOB OFFER FROM THE COMPANY.