Director of Product Design
What You'll Do
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of Product Designers, collaboratively setting design direction, showcasing design principles, and setting a high bar for the quality of design work
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX and visual design execution through showcasing new ideas, gaining comfort around “Blue Sky” thinking, and enhancing our ability to explore divergent concepts and create a design trajectory for the company as a whole
- Influence product strategy while setting process around solving to a range of tactical and contained issues and lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all digital platforms: iOS, Android, web, mobile web, and email
- Be a Product Design team champion! Lead and represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for hypothesis-driven user-centered design
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across ASICS globally.
What You've Done
- 7-10 years in a UX or Interaction design role with at least 4+ years managing a design team
- Required in application - a portfolio of work that shows your process for solving problems and the solutions you’ve come up with for them.
- 3 years experience on eCommerce or mobile-centric products
- Proven ability to utilize big picture thinking and understand complex feature sets
- A track record of leading design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, web, and mobile web
- Experience conducting and coordinating remote and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings
- Relevant education in HCI or Human Factors is a big plus