Director, User Research
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
As the Director of User Research, you’ll be passionate about understanding all things about our users, whether they’re restaurateurs, bartenders, enterprise businesses, or guests. You crave all the data - quant and qual - to identify our biggest opportunities across the customer journey resulting in visibly impactful improvements in digital, hardware, and services. You’ve previously built an effective research capability - operationalizing how a user research team efficiently functions across an organization. You’re right for this role if you can demonstrate your experience in lean UX and value delivery; if you love influencing others; if you’re humble and understand that there’s always more to learn; and if you can’t wait to coach our talented R&D team.
As a Director, User Research, you will:
- Lead, mentor, and grow talented user researchers, helping broaden their skills and support their career growth, conducting performance reviews, reviewing work product, and recruiting top talent
- Be a strategic partner to head of product design and product management to collaboratively define the vision for Toast’s customers
- Lead generative and evaluative research for company-wide initiatives across multiple departments to achieve unified solutions across the customer’s journey
- Champion and drive high-quality user experiences across Toast’s ecosystem
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 12+ years’ experience delivering high quality research results with 5+ years’ experience in building and coaching teams for high impact results
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology, etc.
- Real passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user research best practices and tools
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve