Greater Boston Area
Demiurge Studios is seeking a talented, experienced Designer to help guide our team to victory. You'll help us serve a wildly passionate audience and invite new players into the fold, satisfying the desires of years-long players while keeping our games inventive and fresh. You'll collaborate with some of the industry's most experienced games-as-a-service and free-to-play mobile developers while we seek to constantly learn and improve.
Your communication skills, organization, focus on iteration, and polish are all legendary. You've worked with teams of designers who would love to work with you again, and you've got a portfolio of game/content design that demonstrates your exceptional skills. Most importantly, you love games of all sorts - and it's clear to you that the best, most rewarding game of all... is making a good game for others to enjoy.
- Collaborate with artists, engineers, producers, fellow designers, and team management in an iterative, agile development process
- Drive gameplay and content design in response to the desires of a diverse audience
- Create fun, challenging content that stands the test of time
- Contribute constructive, incisive, supportive critique of fellow designers' work
- Authentically capture the charisma of beloved characters and worlds in your designs
- Conceive, design, and pitch original designs
- Contribute to both high-level game design direction and hands-on design implementation
- Demonstrate proven design practices and mentor junior designers
- Author and refine game design documentation
- 3+ years of professional video game industry experience
- 2+ complete product cycles from concept to ship
- Strong knowledge of basic game design and design theory
- Strong systems design, economy design, or monetization design skills
- Reliable scheduling/time management skills
- Ability to learn new tools and workflows with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Passion for games
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Preference to applicants with
- At least one complete product cycle on a free-to-play mobile title
- Working knowledge of UI/UX prototyping tools
- Game programming or scripting experience
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Outside interests!
Creating games is our passion. Founded in 2002 and acquired in 2015 by SEGA Networks, we bring years of expertise to our projects. Our developers build fun, accessible, but deep mobile games like our recent hits, Marvel Puzzle Quest and SEGA Heroes. We're building games to bring joy to our players for decades. Based in Cambridge, MA, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Read Full Job Description