In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in February 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we care a lot about building insanely helpful products that our customers and caterers love to use. Your focus will be the catering side of our marketplace. We’re building out tools to help our catering partners better manage their catering business and you’ll lead the team tasked with finding and delivering innovative solutions to them.
What you’ll do
- Partner with Product Management, Research, Engineering, and Marketing to create experiences that introduce users coming from multiple channels to the best ezCater experience for their needs.
- Design beautiful and compelling landing pages that address business goals.
- Develop an understanding of our different channels (like SEM/SEO, Social, Display Advertising, Email Marketing campaigns) and user personas.
- Be a thought partner with your Product Manager to design A/B tests.
Some example projects
- Design and help build new landing pages for Metro-specific and Brand-specific experiences.
- Optimize valuable ezCater channels like Refer a Friend (multiple touch points).
- Drive key user behaviors like adopting the iOS app, writing Reviews, etc.
- Contribute to building out our pattern library of React, AMP, and design components.
What you have
- A keen eye for visual design and an understanding of how to use it to guide a user’s attention.
- A passion for making things that drive business growth. You have strong hypotheses for how your designs can move business metrics and good intuition for how to iterate based on data.
- Ideally past experience with A/B testing.
- You’re deeply empathetic and consider the users’ mindset in the designs you implement.
- Exposure to HTML and CSS is a bonus.
- Read more about what will make you a successful Growth Designer at ezCater.
What you’ll get from us
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s unmatched transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.