Instructional Design Manager
Toast is an integrated, all-in-one, next-generation, cloud-based POS and restaurant management system that is totally customizable to your business' internal workflow and specific needs. From fine dining restaurants to quick service cafes to high-volume nightclubs, Toast is in the business of improving our customers’ efficiency and lowering their costs in order to help them save both time and money. With Toast, everything that you need to optimize your operations and keep track of sales, inventory, and labor is built into one affordable platform.
Joining Toast’s burgeoning Education Team under Customer Success, the Instructional Design Manager will partner-in-crime with the Director of Customer Education to operationalize learning asset design, development, curation, and measurement processes across a team of content developers and technical trainers with the dual goal of empowering Toast’s customer-base to use the product to its optimal potential, as well as drive product knowledge and competency for internal Toasters.
- Managing a holistic operations plan for all educational content channels, including: customer release documentation, virtual instructor-led training visuals, instructor-led training product curriculum, and elearning certification program content;
- Mentor education development specialists in all aspects of instructional design and evaluative methodology, focusing on ADDIE, authorware, microlearning, mobile design, etc;
- Partnering with internal enablement leads to best-recommend and advise solutions for disparate product training needs; leverage all Education team content and learning management technology to make sustainable, effective program recommendations; continual evaluation of program efficacy;
- Co-Lead a monthly education council meeting with various departmental stakeholders to discuss technology and/or other product training needs; integrate learnings into monthly/quarterly action plans;
- Partner with the Director of Education to create a birdseye analytics dashboard including all key development, adoption, and consumption metrics for key audiences (customers and Toasters); Assist in its digital build-out;
- Ongoing administration of Education Team wiki to reflect team activities;
- Become an expert in Toast University functionality (Litmos) and evangelize efficiencies throughout the organization;
- Become a Toast product expert!
- Other responsibilities, as delegated.
Skills and Technology:
- Deep practitioner of A.D.D.I.E methodology, Kirkpatrick model of evaluation
- Authorware expertise: Adobe Captivate or Articulate storyline
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or other Graphic Design tools
- Practiced use of virtual meeting platforms such as WebEx, Adobe Connect, Go2Meeting, Zoom
- Knowledge of general learning management system functionality (Litmos a plus!)
- Knowledge of CRM system functionality (Salesforce/Knowledge a plus!)
- Productivity tools: gSuite, Slack, Confluence, Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Instructional Design, or Technology preferred; 5-7 years commensurate experience in a high-tech design capacity OK;
- Supervisory experience a plus;
- Experience or interest in the hospitality industry preferred, trumped only by grit, collaborative work ethic, and a passion for helping others learn… and putting what they’ve learned to work!
A seasoned Instructional Designer with at least 5-7 years’ experience designing and managing effective learning content that is easily absorbed and applied by adult learners. You should be laser-focused on the customer experience, as well have a natural curiosity and desire to learn everything you can about adult learning theory and learning analytics. You should function well in a highly-challenging, constantly-pivoting environment and seek out opportunities to make an impact with your skills and delight Toasters and customers alike!