Instructional Designer, Sales Enablement
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The is an exciting time of growth and organizational alignment at CarGurus. As we scale globally, CarGurus wants to ensure that our employees are learning and growing every day and have the knowledge and tools to excel in their roles, while preparing for future growth. As a member of the Learning and Organizational Development team, you will help foster an aligned culture of learning, leadership, and engagement in our multiple offices.
CarGurus is seeking a world-class Instructional Designer who can help create learning opportunities that will help employees understand our products, their value and the best skills to use for positioning the sale of these products effectively. In particular, this role will make a key contribution to the Sales Enablement organization, developing programs, tools and learning strategies that will support sellers in achieving breakthrough business results.
You will work closely with subject matter experts to get the latest information about upcoming product releases and pricing changes to our sales and customer success teams, as well as other relevant stakeholders across the business. You will be responsible for creating materials such as interactive e-learning, ILT materials, videos, and social learning opportunities. Additional opportunities for this role include supporting our sales competency program, blending industry best practices with homegrown CarGurus strategies to create a customized approach for successfully selling all aspects of CarGurus.
The successful individual in this role must have a growth mindset! Additionally this role should be occupied by someone with high expectations of themselves and the quality of their work. They balance always striving for quality with the ability to move quickly, be flexible, maintain energy, always stay positive, and can work in an environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop creative, performance-based sales training programs and materials in multiple modalities that may include on-demand digital courses, ILT, blended learning, interactive e-learning modules, micro videos, mobile learning, job aids, certifications, and facilitator guides.
- Meet with subject matter experts, product managers, and appropriate functional/ senior leaders to determine training requirements and audience and to align on expected post-training outcomes
- Partner closely with Customer Marketing department to ensure consistency of terminology throughout the design and deployment of training materials.
- Judiciously decide the time and effort that should be spent on each training solution as well as the training format because the impact/complexity of the training topic and scope may vary; prepare to iterate on scalable training methodologies for alpha and beta tests
- Conduct Train the Trainer sessions for facilitators who will ultimately deliver ILT content to learners.
- Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting Structure a safe but pressure tested environment for sales org to practice using new knowledge prior to using on a live call / meeting
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to proactively follow post-training evaluation processes and maintain professional relationships with business leaders and partners ensure accurate and timely understanding of program successes and challenges.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation
- Establish and conduct curriculum review and modification process to support the continual improvement of product offerings.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree with emphasis on instructional design or instructional technology or education related discipline
- 2-4 years in instructional design and background in sales enablement strongly preferred.
- 1+ year in sales related role.
- Strong technology skill set, specifically w Articulate 360 suite, Camtasia, etc.
- Video production as it relates to learning and professional development
- Ability to work with short deadlines and high stress on multiple projects
- Understands the balance between learning theory and practical knowledge
- Must have the ability to work as part of a larger team, balance multiple tasks/objectives and ability to handle frequently changing demands
- Strong individual leadership skills, demonstrated through work ethic and professionalism, proactively taking initiative and offering solutions to challenges whenever possible.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.