Lead Graphic Designer
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
We are looking for a highly motivated Lead Graphic Designer to join the marketing department to lead the creative direction and execution as we scale the company and build our brand. The ideal candidate will love telling stories through creative design, from web to print, and everything in-between. It is important that problem-solving, collaboration and communication with other team members comes naturally to you. You’ll possess top notch design skills, coupled with the curiosity to think like a marketer in our goals to support the company’s growth initiatives.
- Comfortable developing graphics, iconography and layouts for digital & printed marketing collateral, including but not limited to datasheets, brochures, online ads, case studies, infographics, web page design and tradeshow booth design
- You must be a visual thinker – designing solutions to problems
- Maintain and manage the visual systems, brand identity, production quality and style guide for the company
- Responsible for the creative direction and design execution for mineraltree.com and other microsites
- Coordinate and manage the project schedule in participation with the marketing team
- Manage external vendors and design resources as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, new media design or related design field required
- 4+ years of experience in graphic design role with an obsessive eye for visual and interaction details
- Previous experience working with developers and have an understanding of how technology impacts your design decisions
- Knowledge of design systems is a plus!
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Experience with user interface design patterns and methodologies is a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of design software tools, especially the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop,
- Illustrator, InDesign, Invision and Sketch
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and WordPress a plus
- Knowledge of mobile and responsive design a plus
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.