Lead Product Designer - Consumer
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We’re seeking a Lead Product Designer to create a shared vision of consumer experiences at Toast. You’re right for this role if you’re a highly strategic thinker with the ability to dive down into the nitty gritty details; you love to mentor others - empowering team members to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer”; and your high quality work and collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Lead design strategy and oversight for our consumer ecosystem
- Build strong partnerships to collaboratively define high quality solutions that balance consumer needs, restaurant needs, and business objectives
- Mentor product designers through the creation of experiences that are elegant, simple, and intuitive as well as delivering design solutions of your own
- Advocate and promote an iterative approach to design that includes user research, A/B testing and collaboration
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 7+ years’ experience designing consumer grade products with high impact results
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in HCI, Human Factors, etc. preferred
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Innovative thinking, empathy, and a desire to continuously learn and evolve