Marketing Design Manager
Toast is a company where employees are empowered to come up with freshly baked ideas and tackle meaningful challenges. You probably already know us a little bit by now, but Toast is one of the most awarded and fastest growing startups in Boston. In 2016, to name a few, we won BostInno’s award for the Coolest Company of the year and Hottest Startup in New England by NEVY.
We have built a powerful and easy to use Android tablet based Point of Sale platform for restaurants, helping them operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We live and breathe our customers’ challenges, which - in some cases – can smell like a freshly made croissant or five-star prix fixe meal. Not a bad way to start your day!
We are looking for a designer who has a deep love and understanding of marketing strategy. You create with data in mind and can design across multiple marketing channels with seamless brand alignment. The perfect candidate loves to be busy and prides themselves on crafting beautiful work at lightning speed. Collaborating comes second nature to you and you never back down from a creative problem. If you’re hungry to learn and grow as a professional and want to see your career to rise to new heights, read on!
- Lead design efforts across multiple mediums - digital content, interactive tools, print design, and event branding to name a few - to develop strategic integrated marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with multiple members of the marketing team to develop design solutions driving team goals including lead generation, brand building, and conversion.
- Leverage a research and testing-driven approach to design. Using metrics to backup your suggestions and decisions is at the core of your process.
- Juggle multiple projects, priorities, and stakeholders while creating high-quality work on time and on budget.
- Continuously develop, refine, and elevate creative deliverables the team produces.
- Be a brand champion - always helping to create more resources to support company-wide branding initiatives including photography, presentations, business docs and promotional materials.
- 4+ years of design experience working closely with a marketing team
- Must submit a portfolio that demonstrates visual design skills, typography, storytelling, and attention to detail.
- FA/BA degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or a related field preferred, but not required.
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite - including Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Photography experience preferred.
- Video editing experience is a plus.
- Experience with Sketch is a plus.