Mobile UI Designer
Zagster is the fastest-growing bike-share provider in North America. With industry-leading technology and an innovative model, our mission is to make the bike the most loved form of transportation — and we’re looking for an exceptional Mobile UI Designer to help make it happen.
We’ve recently raised $10 million in Series B funding and operate more than 200 bike sharing programs in over 35 states, with clients such as General Motors, Princeton University, Equity Residential, and Fort Collins, Colorado. At Zagster, you will help transform the way cities work, and make tangible improvements to the sustainability, health, and quality of life for people everywhere. And because Zagster is a startup with a great culture and benefits, you’ll also have fun.
Our goal is to deliver the best and most innovative bike sharing platform in the market, backed by fully automated logistics and cutting-edge mobile tools that ensure ideal fleet management and rider experience for hundreds of bike shares across the country.
We’re growing and looking for an experienced Mobile UI Designer who can help take our product offerings to the next level, especially the mobile app used by riders. We are looking for tastemakers; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Zagster become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences. You will be responsible for designing first class applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup environment.
You should have a strong track record of beautiful mobile or desktop applications in your portfolio, and be interested in ensuring that Zagster riders are able to quickly and intuitively get on a bike and go! Zagster offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Deliver exceptional mobile app user experiences (via user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) for both Android and iOS. Do the same for desktop browser-based application interfaces
- Translate business and product requirements into thoughtful concepts and responsive experiences
- Think about the full context of the user experience including business challenges, user needs, and user persona characteristics
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand user needs
- Valid product ideas with users and stakeholders (for example interviews, observation sessions, user tests, etc.)
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, and presentation skills
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the mobile and desktop design fields
- 3+ years experience in a design role
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on design skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment, especially partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Strong portfolio featuring real world examples of interaction design work
- Experience with Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite or equivalents
- Familiarity with mobile-centric design and interaction patterns
- Familiarity with web development best practices and responsive design is preferred
- User experience research experience preferred
- Web development experience a plus
Please include design samples or websites.