BondLink provides a SaaS platform to bond issuers in the $4 trillion municipal bond industry. We have recently raised a large Series A, we have strong revenue growth, and we are already working with many of the largest issuers in the country.
While our product is finance focused, make no mistakes; internally we are a genuine tech-first startup culture.
Our co-founders include a serial tech entrepreneur with multiple successes and a senior ex-government official with deep experience in the wheelhouse of our product offering.
Culturally we provide all the startup bells and whistles, and we have a beautiful new office in Fort Point that we’re looking to fill with talented people.
About the Role
We are looking for a junior product designer with a strong UI/UX and visual design skills, as well as some familiarity with print design. This role will report to the Director of UX & Product Design and will primarily support our product team, but will also help the marketing team on an as-needed basis. We are a growing startup where new ideas and projects are constantly coming up, so we’re looking for someone who is adaptable, collaborative, and eager to jump in wherever design help is needed. Please submit a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on the UI/UX design of our core web-based product offering
- Create mockups and wireframes for new features and significant enhancements
- Work in an agile environment and help see the design through from mockup discussions all the way to production of the full-cycle product development process
- Consult with other departments to continue developing a best-in-class product
- Help develop and maintain brand design guidelines
- Communicate constantly with software engineers to assess viability of design decisions
- Support the marketing team on as-needed basis (conference materials, postcards, emails, presentations, etc.)
What You'll Bring
- Understanding of UX best practices
- Wireframes and basic prototyping
- Strong visual design (mostly based on brand guidelines)
- Responsive design
- Design for accessibility
- Ability to support design decisions with research/testing
- Print design, including preparing print-ready files
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS (nice-to-have – you won’t be expected to code)
Software you should know
- Prototyping/animation tools (we use Axure and Principle currently)
- Print design tools (we use Illustrator and InDesign currently)
- Cool mission: We’re in the business to help governments save money through technology. If that doesn’t excite you, this is not the company for you;
- BondLink is off to a fast start, gaining fantastic market traction since going live in 2016, with prominent, existing clients in nearly every state and every sector of the $4 trillion municipal bond market;
- Its two founders have significant startup and bond market/industry expertise;
- In January 2018, the company announced a $10 million Series A round of financing led by Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the biggest municipal bond fund managers in the country; and
- The BondLink sales advantage: First-to-market in a deep, target-rich environment.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive premium insurance plans for medical, vision and dental. All 100% paid for by Bondlink with zero cost to employee.
- Stock Options
- Flexible Spending Accounts with employer contribution of $100.00 per month.
- Weekly catered lunches
- A near-unlimited supply of Oreos in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Monthly outings and happy hours
- A culture that provides an exciting and dynamic work environment in our beautiful newly renovated office in Fort Point/Seaport.