Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Product Designer to deliver the customer experience for some of the company’s key digital engagement and optimization products and services. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of design to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a talented team of designers and researchers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-of-breed applications in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Deliver best-in-class user experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.), in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Participate in iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets)
- Create compelling designs and make sound UX decisions based on business and product requirements
- Be a champion of our users’ needs by spending time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Partner with our UX researchers to test and iterate design concepts
- Adhere to best design practices and standards across the organization
- You must be a team player and strong collaborator
- 5+ years experience designing digital products
- A thorough understanding of customer experience, user-centered design, with excellent attention to detail and a strong creative eye
- Strong grasp of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to translate user needs into designs and detailed requirements and work collaboratively across functions to implement the vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as Sketch, Axure, Zeplin, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite or similar
- Experience with enterprise software development (SaaS or PaaS). Experience with product management, user testing or experience with Drupal will also be a plus
- Skills in designing data visualization and analytics a plus
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment and partnering effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders
- Online portfolio or links to work examples required
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.